As soon as the number of new daily infections stabilises at a low level (a more long-term decrease), we will be offering workshops again. We continuously update our approach to dealing with Covid so that we can look after these two main aspects:
We want to offer you face-to-face workshops where you can feel free and at ease in your encounters without needing to socially distance or use masks.
At the same time – and this is just as important to us – we want to keep the risk of Covid infection as low as possible for all of us. We are confident that a combination of different precautionary measures will give us what we need to ensure the safest and most relaxed atmosphere possible. And for that we are counting on your participation!
We will only finalise the concrete terms shortly before the workshop. A lot can happen between now and autumn! But here are some of the building blocks that will likely become part of our strategy:
- We reserve the right to cancel workshops at short notice if current developments demand this.
- If, with regard for your own health or the protection of others, you have concerns about your participation, you will be able to cancel your booking without any complications. We are currently waiving all cancellation fees.
- Until each person has had an opportunity for vaccination, restricting contact before the workshop is still the most effective way to keep Corona out of the group. So at least with regard to our workshops in spring and summer, we will ask you for the promise to refrain from all non-essential social contact in the ten days leading up to the workshop or to make such encounters safe by keeping your distance and wearing a mask.
- Obviously, we also need your promise to step back from participating if – within two weeks before the begin of the workshop – you notice any symptoms that could hint at Corona or if you have had contact with anyone who is infected or you have been exposed to a higher infection risk for any other reason.
- Daily rapid tests in the mornings are an excellent way to assess whether someone is contagious at that moment and then react accordingly. We will get enough tests and give them to you on site. The beauty of this is that it is simple, quick (15-20 min) and the best prerequisite for our group work.
- Common sense and mindfulness: as long as necessary, we limit participant numbers, and have a very large, frequently aired group room, plus enough disinfectant and lots of single and double rooms. The vast garden area has plenty of space for relaxing and bathing in the lake, with some of that space sheltered for dining. All this helps us keep the risk of infection as low as possible.
It goes without saying, since the risk of infection cannot be completely eliminated, that we count on your sense of responsibility and your willingness to honour the measures we have put in place. We don’t take for granted what we are asking of you; please know how very much we appreciate your cooperation! In combination with the rapid tests, it allows us with little effort to make optimal use of our time together and above all to really enjoy our shared journey in the circle and our close, sometimes intimate meetings with each other! In short, these precautions give us the freedom to explore and celebrate in the spirit of The Art of Being.
That’s how we envision it – at least for the earlier dates in June, July and August. And new developments can of course bring new possibilities or – even better! – render some or even all of the measures at some point no longer necessary.
Your Art of Being Team
Alan, Susann, Christiane und Maria
All workshops sessions are generally led by Alan. Some morning meditations may be led by his Art of Being team. In the coming years Alan’s assistant teachers will guide processes where his personal presence is not important to the process.
All workshops in Germany and Switzerland are fully translated into German by Alan’s excellent translators who have trained with him and understand the subtleties in this work.
In every workshop you are guided into EXPERIENCES. They include small- and large-group processes; solo explorations (always guided by Alan); the dynamic Art of Being meditations with which each day begins; the circle work that provides the opportunity to engage personally with Alan; occasional 20-30 minute dance sessions; and you can expect the unexpected, since what happens is guided for Alan not only by his workshop repertoire, but by the here-and-now needs of the participants.
Art of Being workshops usually have between 25 and 50 participants. For workshops where gender balance matters we keep the number of men and women as equal as possible, with assistants from The Art of Being team stepping in when needed.
Please read Alan’s short article that best answers this question. You can find it here.
Please be assured that your boundaries are sacred, and they will always be respected. Realising and learning to communicate your boundaries is actually an important aspect of Art of Being workshops.
It’s entirely up to you how close contact with others you choose. You will always be invited to find your own way, and sense for yourself how far you want to open up, what feels good and right for you. Your personal boundaries will always be respected.
It depends on the workshop. Body, Heart & Soul One is really for everybody. Since its origin back in 1986 (and from which it has continuously evolved) it has been significant and valuable for everyone – regardless of previous Tantric experience – who is seeking something richer, deeper, healthier and wiser than was offered by the sexual climate and attitudes in which they were brought up. Body, Heart & Soul parts 2, 3 and 4 are only open to people who have completed Body, Heart & Soul One. The only other Tantric workshop is Mystical Tantra. While this is not for beginners, it is appropriate for everyone who comes with an openness to participating in an experience involving sensual and possibly erotic processes.
All workshops are suitable for both singles and couples. Even Love, Sex & Shadows, the workshop specifically for couples, is open to singles who come with a friend who wishes to partner them for the duration of the workshop.
The workshop is immensely valuable if you are dealing directly with death and dying. It has been a life-transforming experience for countless people over the past 30 years, including hospice workers, and even people dealing with their own terminal conditions.
Come because you ask the question. Learning to befriend your fears is one of the treasures offered by every Art of Being workshop. As for being ready, nobody ever really is. Better to trust your wish to come, especially if you tend to talk yourself out of experiences that address your deep longings.
In order to participate in Body, Heart & Soul 2, 3 or 4 you must always first complete Body, Heart & Soul One. Even people with Tantric experience find unexpected realisations and liberating discoveries in this first 7-day workshop of the Body, Heart & Soul quartet.
Beginning where you are, an Art of Being workshop takes you progressively deeper and deeper into experiences designed to bring you where you are longing to be in yourself and your life. It is therefore essential that you are present from the very beginning of the workshop and all the way through to its close.
The daily schedule is usually as follows:
8 – 9am morning meditation
9 -10.30am breakfast
10.30am – 1pm morning session
1 – 3pm lunch break
3 – 6.30pm afternoon session (with 30-min tea break)
6.30 – 8.15pm dinner break
8 – 9.30pm evening session.
This depends on the particular seminar house and room category. Please contact the seminar house or check out their website.
Special dietary needs are dealt with by the seminar house hosting the workshop.