- The stable number of new infections, especially in Germany, Austria and Switzerland gives rise to a certain cautious optimism and encourages us, after quite a break, to offer two workshops in Germany at the beginning of September.
- Some of our workshops can be adapted through small modifications, and in combination with a large group room and lots of single and double accommodation it helps us to keep the infection risk minimal. As an example, this applies to The Universal Experience which is scheduled for the beginning of September.
- There are other workshops we do not want to modify to suit Corona circumstances – too much of their essence would be lost! Here, we prefer to postpone until next year.
- The positive development has motivated us to come up with completely new formats. The first will be On and On – in Love!, a new workshop for couples that we are going to offer at the end of August.
- We reserve the right to cancel workshops at short notice if current developments require this. The uncertainty is something that we simply have to deal with at the moment.
- If – with regard for your own health or the protection of others – you have concerns about your participation, you will be able to cancel your booking without any complications.
- We have temporarily changed the terms of our participation agreement and on registering will ask you for certain assurances.
- No matter your personal beliefs and attitudes regarding Corona, you will only be able to participate in our current workshops if you are willing to give us these assurances and adhere to the agreement.
- We need your promise to step back from participating if – within two weeks before the begin of the workshop – you notice any symptoms that could hint at Corona OR if you have contact with anyone who is infected OR you attend an event (concert, party etc.) where you are exposed to a higher infection risk due to lack of distance or missing face protection.
- We need your promise to try and avoid any infection risks as carefully as possible in the two weeks leading up to the workshop.
- If this is something you do not want to prioritise, then please refrain from coming to our workshops at this time. After all, the time will come when infection protection will not be as crucial as it is now.
- If, for example, you wish in the 14 days before the workshop to attend a festivity or concert OR you generally don’t want to wear a mask OR you find many of the precautions exaggerated, then do whatever you deem right – but please respect our request to not participate in our workshops in this case.
- We are currently waiving all cancellation fees.
- Our seminars are for now designed to include the requirement for a certain distance between participants. Please also adhere to any other guidelines that we recommend at the workshop with regard to proximity and general togetherness.
- A limited participant number and very large group room, plus frequent airing, enough disinfectant, lots of single and double rooms, lots of space in the vast garden area for relaxing, bathing in the lake and some of it sheltered for dining – all this is meant to help us keep the risk of infection as low as possible. Obviously, we cannot eliminate the risk completely.
- This is how we aim to prevent an unnecessary spread of the infection while at the same time offering a responsible space for personal growth, authentic encounters and the experience of community. And we need you to work with us to achieve this. Thank you.
The Art of Being Team
Alan, Susann, Christiane, Maria
All workshops sessions are generally led by Alan. Some morning meditations may be led by his Art of Being team. In the coming years Alan’s assistant teachers will guide processes where his personal presence is not important to the process.
All workshops in Germany and Switzerland are fully translated into German by Alan’s excellent translators who have trained with him and understand the subtleties in this work.
In every workshop you are guided into EXPERIENCES. They include small- and large-group processes; solo explorations (always guided by Alan); the dynamic Art of Being meditations with which each day begins; the circle work that provides the opportunity to engage personally with Alan; occasional 20-30 minute dance sessions; and you can expect the unexpected, since what happens is guided for Alan not only by his workshop repertoire, but by the here-and-now needs of the participants.
Art of Being workshops usually have between 25 and 50 participants. For workshops where gender balance matters we keep the number of men and women as equal as possible, with assistants from The Art of Being team stepping in when needed.
Please read Alan’s short article that best answers this question. You can find it here.
Please be assured that your boundaries are sacred, and they will always be respected. Realising and learning to communicate your boundaries is actually an important aspect of Art of Being workshops.
It’s entirely up to you how close contact with others you choose. You will always be invited to find your own way, and sense for yourself how far you want to open up, what feels good and right for you. Your personal boundaries will always be respected.
It depends on the workshop. Body, Heart & Soul One is really for everybody. Since its origin back in 1986 (and from which it has continuously evolved) it has been significant and valuable for everyone – regardless of previous Tantric experience – who is seeking something richer, deeper, healthier and wiser than was offered by the sexual climate and attitudes in which they were brought up. Body, Heart & Soul parts 2, 3 and 4 are only open to people who have completed Body, Heart & Soul One. The only other Tantric workshop is Mystical Tantra. While this is not for beginners, it is appropriate for everyone who comes with an openness to participating in an experience involving sensual and possibly erotic processes.
All workshops are suitable for both singles and couples. Even Love, Sex & Shadows, the workshop specifically for couples, is open to singles who come with a friend who wishes to partner them for the duration of the workshop.
The workshop is immensely valuable if you are dealing directly with death and dying. It has been a life-transforming experience for countless people over the past 30 years, including hospice workers, and even people dealing with their own terminal conditions.
Come because you ask the question. Learning to befriend your fears is one of the treasures offered by every Art of Being workshop. As for being ready, nobody ever really is. Better to trust your wish to come, especially if you tend to talk yourself out of experiences that address your deep longings.
In order to participate in Body, Heart & Soul 2, 3 or 4 you must always first complete Body, Heart & Soul One. Even people with Tantric experience find unexpected realisations and liberating discoveries in this first 7-day workshop of the Body, Heart & Soul quartet.
Beginning where you are, an Art of Being workshop takes you progressively deeper and deeper into experiences designed to bring you where you are longing to be in yourself and your life. It is therefore essential that you are present from the very beginning of the workshop and all the way through to its close.
The daily schedule is usually as follows:
8 – 9am morning meditation
9 -10.30am breakfast
10.30am – 1pm morning session
1 – 3pm lunch break
3 – 6.30pm afternoon session (with 30-min tea break)
6.30 – 8.15pm dinner break
8 – 9.30pm evening session.
This depends on the particular seminar house and room category. Please contact the seminar house or check out their website.
Special dietary needs are dealt with by the seminar house hosting the workshop.